Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Reflection

I can't believe tonight was the last class for my Computers in Curriculum Design & Evaluation course. It seems like just yesterday that I created this blog. Looking back from the beginning of the semester until now, I can definitely say that I gained extensive knowledge regarding how to effectively implement technology into the classroom.

There are several great online educational tools out there that I read about and/or used to assist in my projects, which I plan to definitely implement into my lessons. I especially loved QuestGarden for use in creating WebQuests, and since I am an aspiring Language Arts teacher, I think My Access! is an amazing online writing tool. I'm really looking forward to using both programs when I start teaching, which will hopefully be by this time next year.

I'm so glad that we were required to create a blog and write in it once a week as it allowed me the opportunity to learn through both my own reflection and through that of others. I definitely plan to integrate blogging in my classroom, as I think it's an extremely effective learning tool, especially for Language Arts teachers trying to instill a love for writing in their students.

I'd like to thank Dr. Luongo for a wondering learning experience, and I'd like to wish the best of luck to all of my classmates in their teaching endeavors. Happy Holidays to all!

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks, Francine!

And I thought you would like to know that I am requiring the students in the spring class to use Questgarden to create their webquests!

It has been a pleasure~

Hal Jolikakik said...

Hey there. You still in Bayonne? I'm at Bergen Point Pharmacy...

Your favorite pharmacist