Tuesday, October 14, 2008

QuestGarden

I recently used QuestGarden to create a WebQuest assignment for an 8th grade Language Arts class. I'll be presenting the finished product for my graduate class tomorrow night. The program was overall pretty simple to use. As I created the WebQuest using the system, it offered checkpoints and advice along the way, which were extremely helpful. I didn't register for the 2-year subscription but instead registered for the 30-day free trial. After 30 days, I will no longer be able to edit the WebQuest I created, but it will be available for one year.

Though the system is quite easy to use, I did find that it was extremely time consuming and sometimes very slow due to so many users, according to error messages I received. There was also a bug on the evaluation page, which created a huge blank space before my rubrics. I decided to insert a photo to cover the blank space, which in the end, actually looked very nice.

I would definitely use QuestGarden again to create another WebQuest, and I would recommend it to others. I would just keep in mind that it will be very time consuming, especially if your goal is to make it as efficient and aesthetically pleasing as possible for your students.

After I present my WebQuest in class tomorrow, I'll be sure to include a link to it.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for the review and honest feedback on the site.

Terrific work.

I cannot wait to see your quest later today!

Violeta said...

I really enjoyed your webquest presentation! I tried to get on QuestGarden weeks ago but I could not access it. But I will try to use this site to create another webquest in the future. Despite the problems you encountered, I must say that your webquest was really good! Well done!