Sunday, October 19, 2008

WebQuest Presentations

I presented my WebQuest in my graduate class this past Wednesday night, along with the remaining other half of our class. I must say that everyone had either created or modified a really great WebQuest, and the presentations were all excellent.

After seeing so many different WebQuests targeted for all grade levels, I can definitely see the great benefit for students. WebQuests definitely make the lessons more fun and appealing and teach students how to use the internet for research and learning purposes. Though they may be time consuming to create, I definitely think they are worth implementing in the classroom. Depending on the content, they can likely be used year after year or modified slightly to accommodate each new class.

I was really happy to know that programs exist to help teachers create the most efficient WebQuest, and though I've never heard of a WebQuest before this class, I'm really glad that I had the opportunity to learn about how to implement them into my classroom curriculum. Here's a link to my WebQuest: http://questgarden.com/71/20/8/081011204114/
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for posting this, Francine!

The webquests were so interesting!

Elena said...

Francine, I thought it was awesome how you used questgarten to create your own webquest! You took a real risk, trying something so completely new with no past knowledge, but it paid off big time! After researching webquests on the net it seems that there are some really good and some really bad one out there. A good webquest has true educational value and really helps students learn and understand concepts. A bad webquest seems to just be more of a time killer or distraction for students. I too was impressed by all the great webquests presented by our classmates. I thought all of them had real purpose and meaning and would be a fun way to teach the different concepts from kindergarten through senior year!